I found this article from Yahoo! Small Business Advisor quite interesting: Link. In the article, they talk about 5 trends in content marketing for 2014:
- The job market for content creation is set to explode;
- The area is going to grow massively next year;
- In some sectors, content will become more exclusive to certain people;
- Whether you like it or not, Google+ is about to get bigger; and
- Video Content is going to take off in a big way.
From the article: “2013 saw some pretty interesting changes in the world of online content marketing. Possibly the largest was the rolling out of Google’s Hummingbird algorithm in August (possibly the biggest change in search since 2001), hurting many ‘black hat’ marketers, while at the same time, serving to elevate niche websites within the SERPs; creating an even playing field between what some have compared to ‘good vs evil’. But besides upgrades and amendments to Hummingbird, what does 2014 have in store for the world of content marketing?”